Thursday, February 16, 2012

Principle Photography Has Wrapped...

Throughout this term, it's long been a case of, 'are we still on schedule?', 'are we falling behind schedule?' and 'it's fine, we've got plenty of time'. That being said, I've not at any point felt like we weren't going to get our projects completed with plenty of time. I don't want to use the term, 'we shot ourselves in the foot', but judging by the two group critiques we've had, we may have (a little bit). Point being, we are shooting and designing sound for TWO projects where as most people/groups are only shooting the one. Their reason being, I guess, that we are not being marked on our visual construction and purely on our sound design. That's fine, I understood that in the brief. I suppose Carl and I both just wanted to create two pieces that were entirely ours and not visually recycled.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to seeing my year's take on modern sound design for silent films such as 'Metropolis', 'Nosferatu' and 'Alice in Wonderland'. Designing sound for a film that for the last 80-odd years has previously had none is an exciting prospect, but for someone like myself who has only been a part of the filmmaking process for the last five months, I want to use every available opportunity to create pieces using the technology and software that is at my disposal. Maybe that's stubborn and maybe it's creating more work for myself, but I like the challenge.

More on these two stories as they develop...

No comments:

Post a Comment